Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Employment!!

I wanted to publicly announce that I have accepted an offer to be a high school mathematics teacher!!! After several stressful weeks with no interview offers, I received three last week. Last Thursday, I was slotted to interview at two schools who actually work very closely... So closely that the principals that I met with were scheduled to be at the same meeting later that day and even spoke to one another.... So that was a surprise when I showed up to the second one and she said, "So I've heard you've been a busy girl!" Anyways, I received a phone call about 20 minutes after the second from the other school who ended up needing more time after meeting with more of their people later that day as well as an offer 8 hours afterwards from this school. I waited over the weekend and verbally accepted yesterday.

I am ecstatic! I'm not quite sure what I'll be teaching but you can bet that I'll have some new material coming up!! Stay tuned!

UPDATE: This week, I was fortunate enough to meet with the teacher who's place I am taking. My new principal set me up with her to help the transition. Anyways, I found out more details! I'll be teaching Algebra 2 (just like my mom and oh yeah, she taught me that in high school) and Trigonometry. Now, my school is different in that we are on block so each class will be an hour and a half long and I will be done teaching these subjects at the end of the semester. Oh, and I also have what is called an advisory which meets twice a week for 40 minutes. In advisory, we will have a small focus on a service learning project for the year so I'm working on tossing those ideas around. Anyways, I would truly appreciate and love any advice or words of wisdom to help get me through my first week of school, my first year of school, tips on block teaching, anything :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! How exciting. Can't wait to hear about your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie! The master schedule isn't set in stone but I could be teaching Trig and Geometry.... but of course.... that could change!!! Regardless, I'm thrilled!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the job! Can't wait to compare notes on our first year of teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!! I'm extremely excited and it'll be awesome to compare notes!!! Any advice for the first week?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...