Monday, November 5, 2012

Graph Me a Circle Project! .... again

Welp! I've done a lesson again! I'm pleased to say that I was successfully able to use a project/assignment again in a different class!

Previously, I used this project in my geometry class when teaching equations of circles. You can refer back to the post from before.

This time, I added an additional requirement. In the conics unit, we're building off of our completing the square knowledge so my kids were also required to create the equations of circles in general from, or the expanded form.

It was also quite convenient since 1 point was already built in for being turned in on time so the kids who want to earn the points again, can already get no more than a 90% :) Perfect!!

Here are this year's results!










4 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed looking through your blog - you have a lot of great ideas that I will be able to use and/or adapt and use in my algebra 2 classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my blog! If you don't mind me asking, what sort of adaptations have you chosen to do and what worked better?

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for hours on line for a fun project to do at the end of my circle unit and yours is, by far, the best I've found. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo!!!! If you add anything onto the project, please let me know!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...