Sunday, November 11, 2012

Unit Circle Tic Tac Toe


It's the last week before our week long Thanksgiving Break. Thank goodness! I think we are all ready for a little break. The trig kids and I are just finishing up the 5th unit, the trigonometry unit. As I had talked about previously, we clearly spent some time working on our unit circles. After discovering special right triangle values, I waited a little to give them a little way of remembering the main guys.

I had learned this during my student teaching from my mentor teacher (thank you Jerry) so I can take no claim to this but the kids seemed to like it, a lot. As in, their unit circle quizzes were covered in these. Of course, I had kids who preferred knowing the triangles (I love the ones who want to know why) but this helped a lot of my kids. Plus, it perfectly sets you up on finding tangent values!

My warning, however, is that it will confuse the order of the coordinates so it's important to emphasize that it's (cos,sin) and NOT (sin,cos).

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

I hope you enjoyed my video! I was super excited to take a step into a more tech saavy aspect of my blog! Perhaps I can do another one of these soon with graphing trig functions! Below is just a screenshot of the final product.



Happy Thanksgiving!

p.s. Sorry, I had posted the wrong video before.... I had clearly tried to do this before and whoopsy! I'm still learning but it's fixed now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thank you for sharing, really helped me understand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...