Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Decorating My New Room! - Wall of Remediation - Properties of Exponents Signs - Oh My!

The decorations are in! The decorations are laminated! The Wall of Remediation is up! I am ready for next term!

This past month has been a great opportunity for me to get organized in my new classroom (once again, we switch halfway through the year, thus why this is comparatively still rather empty). I really am an organized person so I was determined to be prepared this semester for everything! Well, not everything...

Keep Calm and Pretend It's Part of The Lesson Plan

right?

Anyways, here are a few pics!


This is the Wall of Remediation / Student Center. Here, each class has folders for each unit that will hold the remediation for that unit. On the left is my sign that explains the steps to remediation, in case they forget, as they often do. To the right further are the binders with solutions (not worked out) so it'll be their responsibility to check their answers. Further to the right are pencil sharpeners and hole punches. In the little basket are my homework slips so when they forget their homework, they just simply complete one of these and can hand it in to me! I am in love with this station!


This is one of my desk stations but I don't use it, I prefer the middle of the room location so I can project my laptop for the kid's to see the slides. But I did love having my new sign. "Hard work is a two way street you get back exactly what you put in." Totally perfect.


Now this, this is a little different. I found on teacherspayteachers these awesome properties of logarithm posters (free) and then I decided, well hey, I can make my own for properties of exponents as the kids often times forget these! So I did! I basically took screenshots of the log ones and then wrote over them.  I took a screenshot of the main page that I created (below) but I don't want to upload the pdf file because I feel like I basically took The Enlightened Elephants design. BUT, if you would like to send me an email so I can send you the PDF file with my exponent signs I would be happy to! I used all sorts of fun fonts so they sure are purdy!


So I kind of really love this wall / area of the classroom because whenever a kid has a question about this concept, I quickly say, have you seen the wall of exponent rules? And they're like, no, but a great idea miss Rudolph!


Lastly, this is also pinterest inspired but it will be my "MASTERPIECES" wall where if the kids earn mastery on their first go, they get to proudly display their test as a masterpiece.


Well, there you have it! Here is what the vistaprint order has produced decoration wise and what I have been able to do with a printer some glue and a laminator! It wasn't too costly and it is awesome to have the kids like it so much!

Quote from a student, "Why weren't you this organized last semester for us?"

Gotta love em! <3

9 comments:

  1. Could you please explain your Wall of Remediation and how it works/how you use it? I am very interested. Or if you have another post that talks about it could you please direct me there? I just recently stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE it. I wish more secondary teachers would have blogs like this. (I just started my own, still working out all the little details)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a new post!

      http://secondarymissrudolph.blogspot.com/2013/08/wall-of-remediation-detailed-explanation.html

      Just for you!

      Delete
  2. I would love to receive your pdf for the exponent wall. Looks cute! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love a copy of your exponent rules. :) paige.miller at springportschools . com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know that they were received okay and look fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please send me the exponent rules? I am presently working on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to but I'm not sure how to email them to you! Could you please leave your email address so that I can get them to you!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I would also love a copy of your exponent rules. irwinb82@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you still have it, I would love to get a copy of the exponent rules: alisonmmcclay@yahoo.com I am a beginning eighth grade math teacher and my students could use all the help they can get on the rules of exponents as these concepts click with some but tend to go over the heads of the rest. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...