Friday, January 18, 2013

LakeShore Laminating


I think this picture shows my excitement that I have for my current project. My school is currently halfway through what we call J-Term (my mentor teacher informed me that it was a God Send to Teachers, and I now agree). During this term, I teach twice a week in person (for 8 hours), twice a week virtually (for 2 hours - but I record myself teaching on YouTube so it's minimal and basically virtual office hours), and once a week, I monitor kids trying to recover a credit from last semester). This has left me with a BOAT load of time to prepare for next semester. One of my big project has been revamping my new room (I'm in my room #2 of the year) by making lot's of new decorations. I have been inspired by Pinterest and have used lot's of the teacherspayteachers website ideas. After printing off all sorts of things (some self created, some not), I glued them to cardstock then went to LakeShore Learning Center.

Did you know that teacher can get a foot of laminating for 29 cents???? All of the paper you see in my hands above (it's alot) got laminated for $2.19!!! Of course, you just need to sign up to be a Teacher member, which is free.

Soon, after my vista print order comes in, I'll take pictures of the room and all the decorations hung up but for now, I just wanted everyone to know about this amazing deal!!

Gotta love teacher discounts!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Rudolph,

    I do care about secondary teaching, and I too, should probably be teaching kindergarten! Just wanted you to know you had a soul sistah out here. I've added your blog to my blog's reading list!

    Zicker63.blogspot.com

    Keep on truck in'

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,

      Thanks so much for the kind words! I noticed that you are doing some work with exponents soon! We do a unit combining exponents/logarithms and I recently just found/created signs for these properties! Stay tuned! They're super colorful!!

      Delete
  2. I also teach s math- just found your blog. When I talk with strangers they are always surprised I teach teenagers and tell me they thought I taught elementary! Apparently I'm animated? Anyway- thanks for blogging! I love your YouTube teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre." -Gail Godwin

      :)

      At least someone watches the YouTube videos! Whenever the kids ask me for resources, I'm always like did you check the youtube channel? They reply........ no.........

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...