Friday, May 31, 2013

Last week, I had a birthday. Now the kids had been reminding me of this for weeks since I was getting "older, but not that old." My students from last semester kept bugging me about what all I wanted for my birthday to which I continued to respond, nothing, nothing, nothing, then I finally told them that I wanted a dog.

The day before my birthday was a Friday and the school had an adjusted schedule for our Teacher Rap Battle (that I was a part of) and for our field day. That morning, my students provided me with a lovely birthday card signed by as many kids they could find and a cute gift. It was such a sweet gesture, especially since I was laying the hammer down that day after a not so pretty test.



Oh, and that rap battle. Definitely one of the highlights of my year. I am A$AP Rudolph and also the reigning champ of the teacher rap battle. The kids' applause was measured in some sort of science piece of equipment that measured sound level. Only at my STEM school :)

I love my school. I love my kids. And I can't wait for next year (I take the invites from my principal to next year's staff days in August as a good sign :) ).

A$AP Rudolph, out. Oh, and I'm still waiting for the video of me rapping. Once I get sent that.... it will be posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...