Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Parent Functions Book Project

It's parent function time! Actually, the whole semester is..... That's how I'm doing parent functions. In my trig class, graphing functions and knowing the basics about each function is extremely necessary, especially for their final. And a lot of the times, the kids forget the basics. To help, I decided to have kids build their parent function knowledge throughout the semester in the form of a small index card book.

We started out and the kids gave me the functions that they learned in Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 (Linear and Quadratic) along with their basic information. After our second unit, we added cubic along with more details such as end behavior and symmetry. As the project description says, information will be added to the book throughout the semester and the grade will be built up throughout. I have a rubric printed out for each kid and they are not to lose it (too much work to keep going back and grading). The nice thing is, they can go back and fix things that I circle throughout the semester so it's constantly being edited, just like in English class.

Here are some of the results so far! Some of the books that they are using are quite precious!


Sonny wasn't a huge fan of grading.... he typically tried to distract this process.....


2 comments:

  1. I am not a scribed member and have read a lot of bad reviews from those that joined. Is there a way you can share without using scribed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer

      I'm so sorry to hear that! If you send me your email address, I'd be happy to send the project your way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...