Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wordle as a Class Website Image


So last year at the beginning of the school year, I was working on putting together a class website. Needless to say, it didn't work. Halfway through the school year, I grew sick of how boring the website was and I sought to make it more fun. Now, there a fun cartoons on each unit page (typically they have to do with the topic) and it even has a cool set up. But, on the home page, I seemed to be lacking something. That's when I remembered this program Wordle from college. I had used it to create a background for my Portfolio based upon my teaching portfolio. It looks pretty awesome too (see below). Wordle has a bunch of these cool collages already created (see Trigonometry one above).



So that's when I started thinking about how I could make my own for Algebra 2. I quickly copied and pasted every single learning target that we cover during a term into the wordle box and BAM! This is what it created :)


I think it looks fabulous and I love how it focuses on the words that most commonly appear in what you type. It really places a nice emphasis on the content that we will be covering over the term.

What can you wordle?

1 comment:

  1. I did Wordle for Algebra 1 and Geometry using the Common Core Standards. I copied and pasted everything (including ands, thes,its, etc) into Wordle and I got the pictures. I saved them to my computer and went to VistaPrint to have posters made. I would like to attach the pictures but am unable. If your in Wordle, type in Algebra 1 or Geometry and they should be in there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...