This time around, I felt like my Polynomial unit needed a bit more to it. Last term, my kiddos did a small version of a graphing project and did a teach me how to factor project. Needless to say, they did not teach me how to factor and I had to rethink that this term. Anyways, I felt like my kiddos needed to be little architects and then Part 3 was born.
Part 2 is still a birthday polynomial created by the birthday and using it as coefficients.
Part 3 of my new graphing project gave kids the ability to design their own Water Park from a birds' eye view. With the project, I gave different requirements based upon the size of the group, similar to how the Angry Birds Project operates. Needless to say, I think I have some architects on my hand ;)
One way that a few of my students completed the project was by overlaying the functions on top of a currently existing water park. This was really interesting to see and I didn't foresee my kiddos taking this perspective.