Monday, April 28, 2014

Triangle Interactive Notes - Law of Sines/Cosines/Heron's

Trig kids and I just finished our Triangle Lesson. I'm really liking these interactive notebook mini handouts and so I think I have a project for myself this summer, create a whole course worth to put on TPT! Gotta keep myself entertained in the summer, right?

Anyways, I used the blank(ish) space on the top of each handout to prove the theorems. I didn't leave room for Heron's because there is another activity that I can do to prove this (ran out of time - I'll be absent three days next week so I want to squeeze in as much as possible).

I like how these handouts have room for lesson notes/proofs as well as examples. There also the perfect size so that I don't waste a whole page of notes for each child! For triangles (especially the law of cos/sin, I like how I gave some space to explain the when you use each formula). This is a very important conversation that I have with the kids. Another important topic is the why there can be 2 solutions conversation. I also add in why law of cosine cannot have 2 cases......

Area of Triangle Handout

Law of Sine Handout
Law of Cosine Handout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...