Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer, we meet again...

Ah summer, such an on again, off again relationship. You know, I've heard that those kinds of relationships are actually quite unhealthy. We really should either be always together or never together...... I think I'll stick to our current relationship.

Any who... I need to ease back into the blogging realm. I notice that I have a pattern of posting. I post a lot in the middle of school year (aka, J-Term) when I have a lot of free time and am in the middle of reflection and by the end of the year, I'm just trying to stay a float.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

This year, for some reason, I really felt the need to have my summer vacation. And I will use it to it's fullest potential. So let's keep track!

Week 1 Down, what have I done?

- Bought some fabulous Hunter Rain boots
- Been to the pool three times
- Painted a Clay Mug
- Taken the dog to the vet
- Bought a laundry basket [dog proof to eliminate the need to constantly replace under ware]
- Helped groom/remodel boyfriend's parent's backyard patio area [my responsibilities included clearing the log pile and making the yard dog proof ; and moving stones]
- Started the C25K program.... got to start somewhere right?
- Made my own Pasta Sauce and Meatballs
- Had the cable man come and fix my DVR box

Oh, but these are all my Personal Life tasks..... Of course, I was semi inspired to start getting ready for next school year....

- Created the To Do List for the Summer / plan for when I will do things
- Went to Home Depot and purchased 77 cent Canvas Nail Belts [for group work stations]
- Started Updating Test Questions
- Updated a few projects, aka, changed numbers
- Created the Pinterest inspired NOISE sign for some classroom management for next year

But it's only been one week...... I still have time...... and more posts to make!

This week, I finish up with two more days of summer school and hopefully I'll be giving some kids their credits to my class!

4 comments:

  1. I have noticed that the only way to download your handouts is through Scribd. Is there any other way to get these? I do not have a Scribd account and do not wish to purchase one. However, I really like some of your notes/handouts/worksheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,

      Some of my files can be found on TPT (but not all.... I started uploading these in the school year then got significantly behind) and others, I'd be happy to email to you! Just let me know what your email address is and I'll send them your way!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I would really appreciate that. My email is michelle.keepes@signature.edu
      I enjoy reading your posts!

      Delete
    3. Michelle

      Which handout would you like for me to send your way?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...