Wednesday, June 17, 2015

iPad App #1 - Aurasma


What is Aurasma? Aurasma is a augmented reality app that can bring everyday objects to life just by holding your iphone/ipad over the object using your camera.


How can this be used in the classroom?
  • Take pictures of textbook examples that you know require additional explanations/assistance (in my mind, not all do). When students use the app and hold the camera over this explanation, link it to an explanation video where you are walking through the example
  • Use the app for projects so students take a picture of their project. Then, you can have the kids link this to a video where the child is explaining the components of their projects and the history/process to their product
    • Personally, I'd love to had the kids design a "cement brick" on one of my classroom walls showcasing an artistic representation of one of the topics covered in the class. Then, they could take a picture of the brick linking to a resource about the topic. I'd use this as an end of course project

Currently, I just found it to be fun to hover the app over the back of a twenty dollar bill.... try it out!!!

I haven't personally used the app yet but I feel like the possibilities are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...